Time For A Change?

Finny

So far G has fulfilled my expectations of the team from the start of the season. The past couple of years he has had to deal with money problem, owner problems - and then last year he had a lower budget than the top 4.

At the start of the year I expected us to finish top 4 and do well in the cup competitions.

We are currently 4th and still in with a chance of finishing 3rd. I can't see anyone catching us in 4th either. We got to the CC Final and we still have the playoffs infront of us.
For me - that is enough for him to deserve another year.

I see us in a very similar position to the Steelers the year before they won the league. Able to beat anyone but a bit too inconsistent to challenge for the title. They did however win the playoffs and I would settle for that this year.
Hopefully with a full year behind him with no problems and a full budget, G will be able to identify our weaknesses and fine-tune our squad so that next season we have a real title challenge, and not slip away when our away form disappears.

Skippy

Back Of The Net said:
skippy said:
Back Of The Net said:
Anyone think that it may be time for a change of coach?

Whilst I admire Adams, his team's have hardly set the league on fire whilst the away record this season is awful!

I wonder what others think?
Have to ask are you new to the forum or just trolling under a differnet user name to the one that you normally use ?
Not new to the forum, just not posted for a good while and had to re-register, why? is the question that controversial?
Not all that Controversial no, just seems to be alot of very new accounts posting threads like this one of late and it kind of makes me wonder how many people have more than one account and use alternate accounts tp post stuff just to wind people up or have a dig at someone.

Fair play thou its a good question and I for one don't know the answer.

By the end of the season we could have won the CC and the playoffs and finished 3rd in the league!!

Maybe wishful thinking... but we can't determine how succesful a coach G has been until the end of the year. For now let him get on with his job.

Don't get me wrong I've been critical of him in the past, but he's done well the past few weeks and lets hope it carries on. He's changed my opinion of him.

kettdevil1

Scott said:
By the end of the season we could have won the CC and the playoffs and finished 3rd in the league!!

Maybe wishful thinking... but we can't determine how succesful a coach G has been until the end of the year. For now let him get on with his job.

Don't get me wrong I've been critical of him in the past, but he's done well the past few weeks and lets hope it carries on. He's changed my opinion of him.
This sums it up for me. To have the discussion on the eve of the second leg of the Challenge Cup is at best unhelpful. As I have posted before I suspect that the next month will determine what happens next season and that goes for all players, not just the coach.

Why does this thread always pop up after we have lost two game in a row, there is never a "Isn't the coach great" thread after winning 5 in a row....

kettdevil1

Rempel16 said:
I think Birbraer plays better at home. He goes missing on the road in most games.
Seriously?

For me he is a player that wanders in and out of games but when you are wondering exactly what he is doing he will come up with the most outrageous bit of skill. His goal (and general interaction) with Smith at Nottingham last week will last long in the memory.

I don't think it is a home/away thing, it is just his style of play.

jimmy snels

Finny said:
So far G has fulfilled my expectations of the team from the start of the season. The past couple of years he has had to deal with money problem, owner problems - and then last year he had a lower budget than the top 4.

At the start of the year I expected us to finish top 4 and do well in the cup competitions.

We are currently 4th and still in with a chance of finishing 3rd. I can't see anyone catching us in 4th either. We got to the CC Final and we still have the playoffs infront of us.
For me - that is enough for him to deserve another year.

I see us in a very similar position to the Steelers the year before they won the league. Able to beat anyone but a bit too inconsistent to challenge for the title. They did however win the playoffs and I would settle for that this year.
Hopefully with a full year behind him with no problems and a full budget, G will be able to identify our weaknesses and fine-tune our squad so that next season we have a real title challenge, and not slip away when our away form disappears.

yer start of the year i desperatly wanted to finish 4th........ :roll: when we signed the players 95% of us had high hopes which when u look at results against the teams above us were very justified. consistancy is the issue. which brings us to the point exactly, why have we been so inconsistant!?!? :eek:

Thread starter #27
Personally I'm undecided but what prompted the question was Adams stating that both Ben Davies and Jamie Hayes would be getting more shifts in the final few games.

Great prospects I know but surely it's this time of the season where you expect your senior pro's to step up to the mark, I know it's not quite like throwing in the towel, but to me it does send out a message that we are just not good enough.

Chris

Administrator
Why did you have to re-register?
What was your previous username?
Off-topic, but there are people who have registered new accounts and let us known because they've forgotten passwords or usernames.

Possibly not a discussion for this topic though.

Chris.

jimmy snels

Looking ahead to the game against Coventry Adams was clear what his priorities were.
He said: “I’ve got two teams. They can show up and be the best team in the league and then be terrible on the defensive side. I’m just looking for my team to play some defence.”
Davies agreed defence was also the focus and said forwards needed to play their part.
He said: “We know we can get goals going forward but we are letting too many in and the forwards have just got to help out on defence.”

incidently G says we're inconsistant to!

Rempel16

kettdevil1 said:
Rempel16 said:
I think Birbraer plays better at home. He goes missing on the road in most games.
Seriously?

For me he is a player that wanders in and out of games but when you are wondering exactly what he is doing he will come up with the most outrageous bit of skill. His goal (and general interaction) with Smith at Nottingham last week will last long in the memory.

I don't think it is a home/away thing, it is just his style of play.
He's definitely an enigma of sorts. I can't comment on Nottingham last week as I didn't go, but from the away games i have been to this season (we've lost most of them!!!) I havre consistently come away thinking that Max has been the least productive/effective. I'd like to see his home stats compared to away to be honest. Over the Christmas period he scored in 8 consecutive home games but never seemed to be on the score board (points either) in away games.

Wannabe2

Back Of The Net said:
Personally I'm undecided but what prompted the question was Adams stating that both Ben Davies and Jamie Hayes would be getting more shifts in the final few games.

Great prospects I know but surely it's this time of the season where you expect your senior pro's to step up to the mark, I know it's not quite like throwing in the towel, but to me it does send out a message that we are just not good enough.
Firstly you still havent answered Finnys question.
Secondly there looks like being a lot of Coaches changes happening then.
You want Adams out for not delivering.
Steelers therefore sack Matsos
Panthers definately sack Neilson as they have the biggest budget in the league,
Hull get shot of Clouthier for not delivering
Giants get shot of Thornton for winning Zilch
Vipers sack Wilson for leading them into the wilderness

I think people need to look a little higher up the food chain than G to see why sometimes things go wrong, or the organisation looks like it's making mistakes.

I'd love to see some changes, but I think G is the wrong target

BrokenAngel said:
I think people need to look a little higher up the food chain than G to see why sometimes things go wrong, or the organisation looks like it's making mistakes.

I'd love to see some changes, but I think G is the wrong target
Spot on G has done all anyone can ask you cant babysit players to make sure they are eating right and taking care of themselves its a personal responsibility, thing is he has created a team that get along too well and are quite young and like to party . Also bad management in regards to travel, equipment, housing G cant do it all. Most important thing is now we keep the nucleuss of players who take this job for what it is a paid pro sportsman and not a way to have a fun winter and sit around and do nothing all summer long

jimmy snels

Most important thing is now we keep the nucleuss of players who take this job for what it is a paid pro sportsman and not a way to have a fun winter and sit around and do nothing all summer long[/quote]

out of interest who would you suggest is the nuleuss? (genuine question) i would say tylor, miller, jarvis and mark richardson have been our best players this year by some way and would sign them NOW if i could! be interesting who comes in on the uni deal to

jimmy snels

you can re-sign players for next yr now. new players could in theory be signed now to but would not be able to play this season. generally july/aug is signing season :)

jimmy snels said:
you can re-sign players for next yr now. new players could in theory be signed now to but would not be able to play this season. generally july/aug is signing season :)
Thank you very much for that, im looking forward to see what will happen

Gazza272

Ingramator said:
jimmy snels said:

The Off season is possibly the most interesting/frustrating time in all of British sport for ice hockey :lol:

Be prepared for the following emotions:

Frustration
Eleation
Skepticism
Dissapointment
Anger

And a whole lot more :lol:

Gazza272 said:
Ingramator said:
jimmy snels said:

The Off season is possibly the most interesting/frustrating time in all of British sport for ice hockey :lol:

Be prepared for the following emotions:

Frustration
Eleation
Skepticism
Dissapointment
Anger

And a whole lot more :lol:
lol i will be waiting mate!!! hope voth doesnt go tho, just like the agressiveness