Time For A Change?

ASHIPP

Please change the record. The rumour mill is rife at the end of the season but speculation right now about the coach will not do the confidence of the team or the club any favours when they are still preparing for another tournament in which they stand a good chance. This season, 4th place finish and a CC Cup final place. That's more than the club has ever achieved in recent years and I would call THAT progress. Please don't say something unless you can qualify it in the public domain - otherwise 'i know something you don't know but can't tell anyone any details' approach is just destructive. Let's wait to hear more substance.

Here's another example of 'progress' - the Nottingham Panthers. Cash thrown at the most expensive, so called 'experienced' team in the league this season, with expectations of winning everything. They finish only 5/6 points in front of the Devils in 3rd place, spectacularly wreck their title chances by losing 4/5 of their last league matches and win the CC Cup by one goal! Progress in half a century? :roll:

Yes....yes......yes!

Main reason:- We haven't been able to organise a power play in 3 years. It's embarrassing! A friend and fan, who sits next to me, reckons we are the only team in the Elite league that has to "power kill... its own power play"!
When we go short-handed he tries to reasure me with, " Well it could be worse....we could be on a power-play"!

DevilDom

schulersagoodun said:
Yes....yes......yes!

Main reason:- We haven't been able to organise a power play in 3 years. It's embarrassing! A friend and fan, who sits next to me, reckons we are the only team in the Elite league that has to "power kill... its own power play"!
When we go short-handed he tries to reasure me with, " Well it could be worse....we could be on a power-play"!
I would say our powerplay has blown hot and cold this season, but I can't believe it is the worse in the league. Be interesting to see the stats.

Finny

DevilDom said:
schulersagoodun said:
Yes....yes......yes!

I would say our powerplay has blown hot and cold this season, but I can't believe it is the worse in the league. Be interesting to see the stats.
Not yet recieved the latest league stats, but by my calculations it has a 20% success rate which would be the 3rd best in the league.
We scored 1 from 1 on Saturday, and 1 from 2 on sunday, when it looked a lot better than in recent games.

TheStub

Our PK always looks better than our PP. We seem to exploit the push of the other team well.

It will be interesting to see where we stand in the ranking for SH goals :D

Finny

We have the joint lowest short-handed goals scored in the league with Edinburgh (6). Though we do have the 3rd best penalty killing percentage.

Gaz G

Finny said:
We have the joint lowest short-handed goals scored in the league with Edinburgh (6). Though we do have the 3rd best penalty killing percentage.
Is this because we have spent %50 of the season on the penalty kill so have had lots of time to learn how to deal with it as apposed to the 2 weeks we have had to get used to playing on the same lines the time we have spent learning how to play without brad, the time we have relied on steveie to save our butts and the time we have had to learn that the refs are always rubbish?

Not a dig at you finny but everything in general. Excuses excuses excuses all year, last year, the year before and the year before that. When are we going to step up to the challenge????

P.S yes we got to a cup final but didn't win it and yes we are still "in with a shout" of winnning the playoffs (any other sport and we wouldn't even be in the playoffs) but this has definately not been what i would class as a succesful season.

P.P.S where is our trophy cabinet from the WNIR where all our hard earned gongs belong?

Finny said:
DevilDom said:
schulersagoodun said:
Yes....yes......yes!

Not yet recieved the latest league stats, but by my calculations it has a 20% success rate which would be the 3rd best in the league.
We scored 1 from 1 on Saturday, and 1 from 2 on sunday, when it looked a lot better than in recent games.
What are the stats for teams on the power play who fail most often to get the puck into the opponents' end ?.....usually because, despite a man advantage, a player tries to go 'coast-to-coast'....and then loses possession!
Don't bother......it's our lot!

Sliput

bluedevil said:
If only we had a decent coach to give us a good powerplay, you know something like the top three in the league!
What an absolute cop out !!!!

The players are professionals...they know what a bloody powerplay is. If they cant organize themselves on the ice that says more for the individuals ON the ice than it does for the coach.

ASHIPP

Sliput said:
bluedevil said:
If only we had a decent coach to give us a good powerplay, you know something like the top three in the league!

The players are professionals...they know what a bloody powerplay is. If they cant organize themselves on the ice that says more for the individuals ON the ice than it does for the coach.
Sliput, couldn't agree more. The coach can come up with the game plan - the players need to be able to execute it. IMHO often early this season, especially when the guys have been down by 1 goal, there has been a lot of panic/trying too hard on the power play. The Devils proved to themselves if they composed themselves, they could do it - how many times was G quoted talking about the importance of 'patience'. :cool: But before we all get critical of the statistics, I do recall several matches where other failed to convert plenty of pp chances. In one match, I think it was the Giants only converted 1/10 pp chances ! :eek:

voth26

typical comments now the season has finished, have to agree it hasnt been a brilliant season as we all hoped it would be. i have one statement to make if you arent happy with the way the team plays when they win/lose or arent happy with the coaching staff, or the tent YOU HAVE THE CHOICE TO DECIDE TO GO TO A GAME OR NOT NO-ONE MAKES YOU GO!!!!!!...... i know we pay our money and are entittled to have a moan when things arent right but give the team a break there are some fans who post on here who never have a good word to say. we have to be the most fickle fans out of the whole eihl

Wannabe2

Sliput said:
bluedevil said:

That is such a funny post, good on you, say it as it is. :lol:

DevilDom

Wannabe2 said:
Sliput said:
bluedevil said:

That is such a funny post, good on you, say it as it is. :lol:
I think it' even funnier when you realise that Bluedevil is actually being ironic (I think)!

Finny

I go to every home game and when I do I give them my full support.
Doesn't stop me believing we need at least a couple of changes for next season though. And I'm sure that goes for most people on here.

I don't however post my opinions on who should stay and go until after our season has finished.