[quote="Gazza272

Be prepared for the following emotions:

Frustration
Eleation
Skepticism
Dissapointment
Anger

And a whole lot more :lol:[/quote]

Also be prepared for us to be linked to any player with even the slightest connection to Wales, vast numbers of ex-players oh and Tony Hand....

My main concern with Adams is he is a defender and defense is what he does as a player pretty well and has done for many years, so why is our defense so inconsistent. This should surely be Adam's speciality. I can't remember who put it on here but we are very consistent and being inconsistent and it's always happened under Adams, I'm not saying he's been terrible for us - he's stuck with us through thick and thin but I think there's no harm it seeing what else is out there next season.

Wannabe2

Well whats out there are either coaches that are here now, or coaches that know nothing about the British game,or coaches that dont want to return to the UK, or players who want to be coaches that have no experience. Or then of course there are about 1200 coaches in Cardiff. ;)

Wannabe2 said:
Well whats out there are either coaches that are here now, or coaches that know nothing about the British game,or coaches that dont want to return to the UK, or players who want to be coaches that have no experience. Or then of course there are about 1200 coaches in Cardiff. ;)
I think in regards to coaches that know nothing about the British game, it's kinda like saying we don't want outsiders because they don't know us. If you had a coach say in North America who had a pretty good record in one of the lower leagues over there and wanted the experience of the UK/European style would you gloss over them because of that lack of UK experience. It's like saying coaches looking at players overseas who've never played in Europe, it's all about learning surely?

Wannabe2 said:
I wasnt knocking them, just expressing my views on the subject.
Oh I know Wannabe2, that's cool so was I. My opinion is a coach will usually shake up a team when it's not working in the off season, we've given Adams plenty of shakes, maybe...maybe it's time to shake coaches. But I'm sure a Challenge Cup and a playoff cup may sway me...maybe :)

I think in regards to coaches that know nothing about the British game, it's kinda like saying we don't want outsiders because they don't know us. If you had a coach say in North America who had a pretty good record in one of the lower leagues over there and wanted the experience of the UK/European style would you gloss over them because of that lack of UK experience. It's like saying coaches looking at players overseas who've never played in Europe, it's all about learning surely?[/quote]

Looking at the EPL Peterborough Phantoms in particular they have had in the past 3 seasons 3 N American coaches 1 worked 2 did not, all had good records.
I am happy having G and Franny on the bench and firmly believe that if the Devils ever have the stability that has not been around for many years we can and will be a force to be reckoned with,

osh

Wannabe2 said:

That's just it, perhaps if we had a more successful side, we may have 1800 regular 'coaches' in Cardiff. You and I know there is someone out there who would jump at the chance of coaching the Devils, perhaps someone new to the country who has had success at perhaps a minor North American league, or we employ someone known to this league. Yes it's too late to make any significant change at this stage of the season, but this same topic has been raised last season, earlier this season and despite that, we arre still no nearer winning a major trophy. I just wonder can our current coach get the players up enough for the 2nd leg of the CC final and also ensure we at least make it to the play offs (already booked for play offs and would see it as a waste of a large sum of money if the Devils weren't there )

Wannabe2

I only mentioned 1200 because not everyone thinks they know better, or could do better, it was just a random figure nothing else. My views are sticking with the coach we have, my views are that he will turn things around, my views are that a coach is only as good as the personnel he has around him, and my views are that he knows a lot more about the game than me. The players he signed have shown on times that they can play, and also shown that they can be weak, you can try all the tactics in the world, and train 8 days a week, and even ban the booze, but if the players dont have the heart, or the courage to go that step further, and go thru a brick wall for each other, and for the fans then that must be as frustrating as hell.

Finny

jimmy snels said:
yer start of the year i desperatly wanted to finish 4th........ :roll: when we signed the players 95% of us had high hopes which when u look at results against the teams above us were very justified.
Well that 95% must have been very quiet then. If you go back to the threads at the start of the season where people were giving their predictions, the majority of people were predicting a top 4 finish.

Finny

osh said:
but this same topic has been raised last season, earlier this season and despite that, we arre still no nearer winning a major trophy.
Really?
Last year we were knocked out at the group stage of the Challenge Cup.
This year we got to (and are still in) the Final of the Challenge Cup.

Is that not classed as getting nearer to winning a major trophy?

Gaz G

osh said:
Wannabe2 said:

That's just it, perhaps if we had a more successful side, we may have 1800 regular 'coaches' in Cardiff. You and I know there is someone out there who would jump at the chance of coaching the Devils, perhaps someone new to the country who has had success at perhaps a minor North American league, or we employ someone known to this league. Yes it's too late to make any significant change at this stage of the season, but this same topic has been raised last season, earlier this season and despite that, we arre still no nearer winning a major trophy. I just wonder can our current coach get the players up enough for the 2nd leg of the CC final and also ensure we at least make it to the play offs (already booked for play offs and would see it as a waste of a large sum of money if the Devils weren't there )
Still no nearer winning a major trophy???? We are in the final of the challenge cup! Also (of course I want and would expect the devils to make it to the playoffs) but im sure we are the only team who since elite league hockey began who have made it to the playoffs every year?

Wannabe2

The truth of the matter is that we have a team that can beat anyone, and we have, and that we have a team that can lose to anyone and we have. But then so has every team in the league, and every teams fans have been as frustrated as us guys at some time. What we lack is consistency, can you coach that well thats the million dollar question, and the best at it at the mo is Thompson.