Recent content by Lucas69

1. L

Can't get to the Playoff Finals!?

Well have no fear, there is plenty of hockey on in the Big Blue Tent this weekend. Saturday sees ENL, followed by THE game of the weekend - the local derby of Cardiff Eagles v Cardiff Ice Hounds, in the Southern Rec Conference. And Sunday sees the Comets hosting Solent & Gosport. Cardiff -...
  2. L

Latest rink update

If you get to see the actual plans, rather than this diagramatic, it shows the arena changing, below the seating area, on the side of the pad the benches are.
  3. L

Cardiff Eagles v Swindon Wildcats (rec) Sunday (180312)

To be honest, this should be some game! It seems as though the Wildcats are fast establishing themselves as the dirtiest team in the Southern Conference, as they pretty much tried to hack, slash and kick the Army Air Corps into submission. Thankfully, the Air Corps kept their heads and did...
  4. L

Latest rink update

I think it's fair to say that these are just plans at the moment and until full planning has been sought and granted, they will most probably change quite a bit.
  5. L

Cardiff Eagles

Indeed is an early game for Rec. The Ice Hounds played at 12:00am down in Bracknell a year or so ago.
  6. L

Calling all Recreational team players.

Chris, You don't seem to have had a reply, so I thought I'd jump in (quite late I know) if you haven't sorted yourself out. I'd suggest that you pop along to training sessions for all of the teams, to see who's session suits you best and who has scope to take you in. To be fair, the Titans are...
  7. L

Ice Hockey skates

Always try and use your local supplier (if we don't they won't be there when you need them). You benefit from being able to try the skates on (different manufacturers use different sizing) and if they are thermo formable, both CH and Proline can bake your skates for you (improving fit and...
  8. L

ice time.

As someone who was never actually taught, I'd really suggest the formal lesson route.
  9. L

Summer Hockey - Rec teams, fixtures & news...

Yes. There is a charity match in Cardiff on the 13th August. https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?e ... 0897990571
  10. L

New York Rangers

Forgot about that!
  11. L

Play the game

Unlikely. Most Rec hockey is now non checking, as the insurance implications are a bummer.
  12. L

New York Rangers

Do the tour of MSG too. It's really interesting and only costs a few dollars. You get to go around loads of the place, including the boxes, bars, lockers rooms, etc. Oh and take a trip to where the Islanders play too and see the very pad where the Titans played as the first ever Welsh team to...
  13. L

SORAC and the New Rink

What, like Admiral for example!?
  14. L

Play the game

Sounds like you've got the basics. Go on! Give it a go!
  15. L

2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Isn't anyone still concerned!? That the Devils may still yet be homeless in December!?