Recent content by Whoopie

1. W

Hockey Questions

For someone relatively new to watching this sport can you experts out there clarify:- 1. What is the role of a bench coach? 2. Who decides man of the match?
  2. W

WEBCAST

I did contact the Ice Time team. They are very helpful and suggested using the chrome browser and laptop. Because of the compliments of everyone else watching, I assume it must be my Wi fi speed. The fact it has worked (well almost) prompted another purchase. Will probably have to invest in...
  3. W

WEBCAST

I am also with Sky and don't have fibre optic. I have purchased about 3 ice time broadcasts and 1 Sheffield. The 1st game was awful as used my iPad and streamed through Apple TV. Hopeless as kept freezing. Sheffield game was better - only froze a few times so I gave ice time tv another go...
  4. W

NIHL 1 Relegation Battle

It does make sad reading as there are a lot of talented players on the ice whose dedication and efforts are impressive. Sadly though there is definitely "something missing"! I have followed ENL/NIHL for many years under Cudds "management". There appeared sense in there being a team of...
  5. W

Challenge Cup Final - Devils Vs Steelers - VICTORY! VICTORY!

Re: Challenge Cup Final - Devils Vs Steelers - VICTORY! VICT Absolutely delighted to be there personally to see Cardiff win THE Challenge Cup. I felt very proud to look around and see all of the red/white jerseys. I was also looking forward to singing the Welsh National Anthem but as soon as...
  6. W

Cardiff NIHL1 v Solent Devils

Thank you to those involved in reducing the prices. It will make a big difference :D Good luck to all involved on Saturday. Let's go ..................
  7. W

Cardiff NIHL1 v Solent Devils

The price is somewhat of a disappointment :shock: We are a family of 5 and my sister-in-law who also attends again is a family of 5. Her friend who she persuades to attend is a family of 4!! Although it is a great night of entertainment for the whole family the previous cost was an attractive...
  8. W

Cardiff NIHL - Fixtures/signings

I agree with Kipper. We have a team and they need as much support as possible. However, what is happening about the "promotion" of NIHL in Cardiff? There appears to be limited information on this forum. Is there a twitter site? Why are signings only being announced on THF? How much does it...
  9. W

Not sure why not mentioned on The Inferno. Taken from THF: Cardiff NIHL are pleased to announce a further 3 signings David Sadler has re-signed for Cardiff NIHL for his 8th season having made his NIHL1 debut in 2007/08. The experienced forward has made 164 appearances, scoring 12 goals with 52...
  10. W

Does anyone have details of the forthcoming games at the BBT? In the meantime for those who are interested, details of the signings of other NIHL teams recorded on another forum are as follows:- BRACKNELL HORNETS IN - "Danny" Ilya Antanov (F) - Re-signed Tony "Danny" Barclay (F) - Re-signed Cam...
  11. W

No NIHL1 Team Next Season?

I agree with "The Snab". If there was no NIHL 1 what would happen to the under 18 development players? Would they "jump" to EPL before Joining the Elite team? If the nearest EPL team is Swindon what is to say that they will return to Cardiff? This season we did not have Scarborough, Fisher or...
  12. W

NIHL Devils Playoff Weekend

Invicta are coming to Cardiff on Saturday. They have a good following and bring "vocal" support. Invicta finished 3rd in the league. Cardiff have beaten them at home this season. There is everything to play for. These games are usually entertaining. If you therefore want to just enjoy a hockey...
  13. W

Cardiff NIHL v Chelmsford Chieftains tonight!

Excellent effort by Cardiff last night against the league leaders. They kept up with them with all to play for in the final period 3 all. Sadly, we were unable to score in the third period despite numerous attempts which resulted in Chelmsford going into the lead and finally getting an eng to...
  14. W

Cardiff NIHL v Chelmsford Chieftains tonight!

Tonight at 7pm Cardiff face Chelmsford at the BBT. This is the last game of the season for Cardiff before the playoffs. Chelmsford are currently top of the league. With second placed Invicta dropping a point at Solent and Gosport on Sunday night, that gives the Chieftains a 4 point advantage...
  15. W

NIHL DEVILS

Should be a really good game. Invicta are second on the league table. Chelmsford are on top but last Sunday Invicta came away with a win 3 - 2. Looking to close in to get the number 1 slot they will want a win against Cardiff. The players need your support and noise to spur them on and give...