Devils Vs Blaze - CC - 29th Oct 22 - 19:00 FO

So many ups and downs watching the Devils for 33 years. I'll keep supporting them through thick and thin. Todd and co have earned my trust - I know that they'll do what's right at every opportunity. Plus, I don't feel entitled enough to come on here and slag off my team that won while not playing their best.

Well done for the win tonight, boys. It takes heart to lift yourselves after those first two periods.

We go again tomorrow.

Hockeymad

Ot loss to flames away,

2 gutsy wins in scotland.

A home win and qualification to the quarter final of the cc cup and still all this....

One word tonight WOW

Slartibartfast

Sadly I agree with everything EDS said. What is even sadder is that this team is packed with skill and more so than Blaze but as a team we are dire. The first 2 periods were possibly the worst I have seen.
Crawford and Thompson throw so many dangerous passes its unbelievable. So many pucks go off skates or across the ice to noone.

We still don't have a first line. I love Coughler but even he can't achieve much on that line.
Once again the physicality was not stepped up until we were 2 down. Great effort in the third but we can't keep leaving it that late.

Im also starting to conclude that this must be a coaching problem. Lord was a work horse on and off the ice who led by example. Dupont......well we know how he was as a player. Its starting to look like he's no better as a coach.
I know we won and well done to Waller for a great goal but this team is seriously misfiring and it needs fixing.

august04 2.0

Well a win is a win, and we qualify which is the main thing - but we were so poor in the first two periods and that goal on the hooter was huge. Let's be kind and say there’s room for improvement!

ASHIPP

A huge win and not paying at their best. Everyone knows that the coaching team are in their first season and the risks involved....the Owners and our directors know that too but seem prepared to be patient.

Team performance is affected by so many aspects...fitness, chemistry, motivation, commitment, tactics.

The fact is, they got the points they needed, however they were earned.

We don't know the root cause of our Team's inconsistencies. Thats for the coaching team and the club to resolve.What we can see, however, is that other teams are struggling with the same issues at this stage.

Swarley

Sadly I agree with everything EDS said. What is even sadder is that this team is packed with skill and more so than Blaze but as a team we are dire. The first 2 periods were possibly the worst I have seen.
Crawford and Thompson throw so many dangerous passes its unbelievable. So many pucks go off skates or across the ice to noone.

We still don't have a first line. I love Coughler but even he can't achieve much on that line.
Once again the physicality was not stepped up until we were 2 down. Great effort in the third but we can't keep leaving it that late.

Im also starting to conclude that this must be a coaching problem. Lord was a work horse on and off the ice who led by example. Dupont......well we know how he was as a player. Its starting to look like he's no better as a coach.
I know we won and well done to Waller for a great goal but this team is seriously misfiring and it needs fixing.
I still think Dupont can turn things around but I do agree that our lines just ain't clicking and it is a coaching issue he clearly has the locker room behind him but we are lacking that fire and bite that demands 100% for the full 60 minutes if things don't shape up soon I'd move him down to assistant coach and have a coach with experience come in and help him see what he's doing wrong.

Hockeymad

Sorry guys but what are you expecting from this team?? They are winning most games home and away.

They have beaten steelers flames blaze Fife clan storm. Hopefully Panthers tomorrow aswell.

Crawford bowns batch Louis etc etc are all terrible are all playing poor but we are winning.

If we winning now yet we are so poor.

God help the league when we are on fire.

august04 2.0

I got the impression most of the team last year ignored the coach, so far l can see that same mentally, ignore the coach, coast the games, take the money & get resigned. The impression of Cardiff seems to be you’ll be alright son, as long as you’re nice to Todd & don’t rock the changing room, you’ll be back next year. It’s time to stop treating players like princesses & start handing out P45’s.
Too many in the comfort zone, given we don’t sack underperforming players. We got away with it tonight, big time, and I sat there not believing what I was watching in the first two periods, given that we had to win. It’s extra revenue for the home QF game, but unless things change dramatically, we can forget progressing if it’s against the likes of Belfast and Sheffield. This team just isn’t good enough or coached well enough to compete for silverware in this league, that’s the reality.

lloyd_jeff

Sorry guys but what are you expecting from this team?? .
Well having read all the comments pointing out what is expected, I’ll add mine. What is missing is potential, the CV of the team doesn’t fit the on ice performance, even having a new coach shouldn’t stop professionals being able to play the basics. They shouldn’t need to learn when to pass, where to pass, position, reading the game, reacting to plays etc etc. My opinion is players are uninterested, lazy, lack fire, motivation, Todd can shout all he wants, when players won’t be binned, nobody cares. The only way to change the rot that’s been building over the term of the new ownership is on Monday 5 players get replaced.

Diablo3

I missed most of the catch up with Todd pre game, did he give an update on Brittian or a time frame on his return ?
Brittain is likely to be back next week. He has been on the ice. It was originally thought he had a broken bone in his foot but not the case. apparently we wouldn't look for an IR replacement unless the injury was going to be over 6 weeks.

Devil94

We don't know the root cause of our Team's inconsistencies. Thats for the coaching team and the club to resolve.What we can see, however, is that other teams are struggling with the same issues at this stage.
Well I think that's the the point. Belfast could have easily lost to Fife and Dundee this week after already losing to Guildford twice. Sheffield lost at home to Dundee only days after beating us at home.

It's as if some fans hockey memories are immediately wiped after the end of each season. This is what happens every year, to everyone. Even in the Lord years when we won the league we were inconsistent at times. In this league with the schedule and travel like it, especially for us over the last 3 weeks, and continues to be for the next few weeks, then it's impossible to ask for consistent barnstorming performances every night. We just have to grind out the points where we can, like all other teams are doing.

Our league results have been very much on par with Belfast and Sheffield, and they have very established coaching teams against our rookies. And if like tonight we can show we can win important games when we're not at our best, then it's a good sign for me.

Wannabe2

Well that was another 20 mins performance by a 20 min team, this has been going on for weeks now, if Blaze had converted that one that hit the crossbar, it would have been 3-0 and probably good night Vienna. Our D is very poor, our physicality sucks, and entertainment value is okay for 20 mins per game, and the other 40 mins is pretty crummy. Myself I can’t see much changing, this is the team we have, this is the coach we have, and so it looks like it’s going to be the same old gags from week to week unfortunately.

So many ups and downs watching the Devils for 33 years. I'll keep supporting them through thick and thin. Todd and co have earned my trust - I know that they'll do what's right at every opportunity. Plus, I don't feel entitled enough to come on here and slag off my team that won while not playing their best.

Well done for the win tonight, boys. It takes heart to lift yourselves after those first two periods.

We go again tomorrow.
Like you I have been a Devils fan for many many years and have been a fan through thick and thin, I also agree
that I trust Todd and our owners to do what they feel is best.
Where I strongly disagree is your inference that fans that come on here and voice concerns and critical opinions, or in your words "slag off the team" display an entitled attitude.

For me, if you have paid for a match/season ticket you are entitled to critique the product you have spent your hard earned money to watch!