Finnerty a Devil?

ASHIPP

nmase20 said:
Finnerty is a quality signing no matter how much we hated him last year, but i still don't know what to make of it. Its increased wages for Burge for a player im not 100% we really need, he doesn't add that much to our points production. Im also a little annoyed about how poor our injury details (return dates) seem to be. It was only last week they were saying wes would be back on the 12th, now were bringing in a replacement. Im still a bit on the fence about this one but im sure finnerty will change my mind :p
Nmase - totally agree here. I don't know what to make of this either. :? It's true that G said a few weeks ago that he would probably be replacing himself with someone. I just didn't figure it would be Finnerty! Finnerty a Devil? It's weird! G on D has been a revelation in the past couple of weeks - a good move. But maybe Wes's injury is worse than imagined and G needs to cover more permenantly on D therefore the need for a replacement forward. Finnerty is a good player and a great aggitator. But we've got plenty of those already with grittiness by the spadeload. Not only am I worried about Wes's fitness long term but I'm wondering about what G will do with the line formations (seeing as they've settled down - although I still feel Miller Time would be even MORE productive back on the 1st line where he belongs :cool: ) and where Finnerty will fit in? Still if the Vother rates him and G rates him, that's got to be a good enough accolade. :D

mars

i can't believe he's going to be a devil! this makes me even more excited about the challenge cup if he does get to play by then, hopefully it will give us the edge we need to stop getting pushed around by the giants and to win the cup! either way it's going to be an interesting game :)

Wannabe2

This is all the stir could muster :lol: :lol: :lol:

Former Steelers forward Ryan Finnerty - who once condemned Cardiff Devils for playing in a "gross little tent" - today joined the Welsh club after failing to agree terms over a return to Sheffield.

They could do with a Terry Phillips up there. ;)

:eek: Not sure where I stand on this one. As someone mentioned ealier Finnerty has a hell of a lot to prove from where I'm standing.
Obviously I have no idea of how much of the stuff that was said last year was down to him and how much was down to the 'brummie gob' but he certainly got some bridges to build. Hope Jay is ok with this signing.
Still if he can do the business on the ice, keep his mouth shut off the ice and make us a better team then that stuff from last year will be forgotten quickly. Will just wait and see :|

Finny

Wannabe2 said:
This is all the stir could muster :lol: :lol: :lol:

Former Steelers forward Ryan Finnerty - who once condemned Cardiff Devils for playing in a "gross little tent" - today joined the Welsh club after failing to agree terms over a return to Sheffield.
It was originally a whole page long, but that was all that was left once they removed the spelling and grammar errors!

ASHIPP

Just another thought...... If Sheffield, Belfast and Nottingham have all been in talks with him, what has made Finnerty fall in love with the Devils Organisation? (We all know they are the ONLY club worth considering, but is there any other reason?). As someone said earlier, money is a big persuader :x .....and didn't he want Steelers to help out his wife on some university course as part of his renewed contract for this year and they couldn't do it? Hmmm. He's a good player and and a great aggitator but there's only one Lord Mayor in this city and his initials are BV! :lol:

Wannabe2

ASHIPP said:
Just another thought...... If Sheffield, Belfast and Nottingham have all been in talks with him, what has made Finnerty fall in love with the Devils Organisation? (We all know they are the ONLY club worth considering, but is there any other reason?). As someone said earlier, money is a big persuader :x .....and didn't he want Steelers to help out his wife on some university course as part of his renewed contract for this year and they couldn't do it? Hmmm. He's a good player and and a great aggitator but there's only one Lord Mayor in this city and his initials are BV! :lol:
And he,s one of the Lord Mayors best mates.

Ugly Betty said:
Hope Jay is ok with this signing.|
These guys are professionals and there is no way in this world he would be coming to Cardiff if G felt he would be a bad fit in the locker room. Can’t wait to see him in a Devils jersey :D