Ice Arena Wales

Electro

If you believe the IAW is of the quality found in #firstworldhockeyproblems , knock yourself out, enjoy every minute your likely to have in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

James

Administrator
People loosing their job sucks but on the whole I believe it's a good move for the arena and probably the Devils too. Chris has a lot of experience running ice rinks but the new arena is a different beast altogether and the problems were there to be seen from day one. Hopefully this is the catalyst to get the arena to the level it should be at.

Earnie

People loosing their job sucks but on the whole I believe it's a good move for the arena and probably the Devils too. Chris has a lot of experience running ice rinks but the new arena is a different beast altogether and the problems were there to be seen from day one. Hopefully this is the catalyst to get the arena to the level it should be at.

So who takes his place?

pjj365

Not sure who the owner is should make much difference as objectives and targets should be very similar - namely run a successful recreational/social venue recognising the importance to the enterprise, and the core values and needs, of its tenant

Granted the owners will have a different slant on priorites but the end objective of a sensible return on capital will need to be a common theme

mazza03

What question I would like to ask is.....Why is it only cash in the bar? In this day and age with contactless cards you should have the option, very often you come out without/enough money?????

What question I would like to ask is.....Why is it only cash in the bar? In this day and age with contactless cards you should have the option, very often you come out without/enough money?????
Usually, when a business operates a 'cash only' service because of 'technical' problems it's a tax fiddle.
i.e.; No receipts no record of income = no taxes paid.

I'm not saying this is going on at IAW but it does happen, particularly before a business changes ownership!
Food for thought.

pjj365

Usually, when a business operates a 'cash only' service because of 'technical' problems it's a tax fiddle.
i.e.; No receipts no record of income = no taxes paid.

I'm not saying this is going on at IAW but it does happen, particularly before a business changes ownership!
Food for thought.
Having seen a number of companies moving to cash only it is more commonly a sign of cash flow problems with any tax issues coming down the line. Don't forget a card system can be quite costly

Given the length of time it took to get cards accepted at reception it is quite probably lack of (investment in) a network. In this instance I don't think they have ever accepted cards so other than inertia and lack of business vision I would hesitate to read anything other into it.

Electro

The money Greenbank has made out of contracts awarded around Cardiff their more than financially capable of injecting funds into the IAW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk