Search results

1. W

Hockey Questions

For someone relatively new to watching this sport can you experts out there clarify:- 1. What is the role of a bench coach? 2. Who decides man of the match?
  2. W

Cardiff NIHL - Fixtures/signings

Does anyone have details of the forthcoming games at the BBT? In the meantime for those who are interested, details of the signings of other NIHL teams recorded on another forum are as follows:- BRACKNELL HORNETS IN - "Danny" Ilya Antanov (F) - Re-signed Tony "Danny" Barclay (F) - Re-signed Cam...
  3. W

Cardiff NIHL v Chelmsford Chieftains tonight!

Tonight at 7pm Cardiff face Chelmsford at the BBT. This is the last game of the season for Cardiff before the playoffs. Chelmsford are currently top of the league. With second placed Invicta dropping a point at Solent and Gosport on Sunday night, that gives the Chieftains a 4 point advantage...
  4. W

Cardiff NIHL v Streatham Redskins

Game Saturday at 7pm. Streatham are coming to the BBT. Streatham sit behind us on the league table although have some games in hand. They have not lost a game for a while and will no doubt be expecting to pick up 2 points tomorrow. Cardiff certainly need your support. Streatham have a good fan...
  5. W

NIHL v Wightlink Raiders

Game this Saturday at 7.00pm. Cardiff v Wightlink one of the "top 4" clubs although some "blips" along the way as they have lost quite a few of their games to date! We are certainly in with a chance. Last away game we lost 6 - 7. Should be an entertaining game. COME ON CARDIFF :twisted:
  6. W

Cardiff NIHL season

New season due to start on 7th September with game against Milton Keynes. Signings for the teams below but some "missing information". (Info from Chelmsford forum) BRACKNELL HORNETS IN - Ilya Antonov (F) - Re-signed (Two-way with Bracknell Bees - EPL) 18/7/13 Ivan Antonov (F) - Re-signed...
  7. W

NIHL - 2013/2014 Season

Just wondered if there is going to be a NIHL side this year. There was a lot of uncertainty at the start of last season with the team with what appeared from the outside to be the minimum of support in the form of ice time and travel. Despite this Cudds and all the others involved carried on...
  8. W

CARDIFF NIHL v BRACKNELL HORNETS

Game this Saturday at 7.00pm. Should be good. Only one point between the two teams. Bracknell have the advantage of playing a lot of games in January. They beat Romford 5 -4 last weekend! Cardiff havent played for 3 weeks but good support from a home crowd should provide the boost to produce...
  9. W

NIHL Sunday 7pm Devils v Wightlink Raiders

Tough game for the Devils tonight as they face one of the top 4 teams. Particularly so following away game yesterday with Invicta. Sounds like a great effort from the Devils. They were missing Sedlak, Quinney, Stone and Band. There were goals from Scarborough ( of course) Newton Osman and...
  10. W

NIHL 1 FIXTURES/OFFERS

For those who missed the fixtures list in the "news" some weeks ago (me :)) is it possible for the list to be published again or even on the Devils website? (I assume the dates shown there are 2011/2012 season :shock: ) Also, I wonder if there are any "offers" available for attendance at the...
  11. W

Cardiff ENL/NIHL Season

Hey. Now that the search engine appears to be moving towards securing a great team for Cardiff what about those other questions raised by those supporters on this forum when the future of ENL 1 and 2 was in doubt:- 1. Is there an opportunity to help the committed volunteers to promote this...
  12. W

NIHL/ENL. News?

Hey. All is quiet still in the Cardiff corner. Just wondered if there was any news following recent trials or when to expect the dribble of signings to be announced? For those who are interested I've copied the information below from another forum: Key: F - Forward NM - Netminder D - Defence I...
  13. W

CARDIFF ENL DEVILS V INVICTA DYNAMOS

This will be a big "test" on Saturday. Cardiff havent travelled to the Invicta rink since "the incident" in December when the game was abandoned. The teams met earlier in the year when we had a great crowd and a great result 3 - 0 :D Oh and the EIHA officials were also present! There has been...
  14. W

ENL v Slough Jets tonight

Hey does anyone know if the game is going ahead tonight?
  15. W

ENL DEVILS V MILTON KEYNES ?

Hey. Any news on the above? I assume there is a game as according to the Milton Keynes forum there is a coach for fans coming to Cardiff tomorrow for the game against Cardiff but no mention of this "as yet" on the forum. I am not a "fan" of facebook so I apologise if the above game is mentioned...
  16. W

National Anthem

For those welsh (and of course English/Irish and Scottish spectators) who follow the Cardiff Devils and would like to sing "loud and proud" at the games but are unsure of all of the words (i'm sure there are no ovaries in the verse) would it be possible for the words to be printed in the...
  17. W

MNL -

As the season gets underway I just wanted to compliment the MNL team whoever they are. The effort that goes into reporting the games home and away is great. It can't be easy keeping one eye on the game, the other on the phone and at the same time co-ordinating your thumbs.The words...
  18. W

Elite Away Games - 3 questions

Hey. I am would like to take my children to see an away game and wondered whether you experts out there could recommend one and why. I notice that Bob the Driver appears to be the one to contact for the journey . How do you purchase the ticket ie via the arena or Bob? Completely new to "away...
  19. W

ENL - SPONSORSHIP

Hey. There has been loads of information concerning the team this season which looks and sounds great. Is there an opportunity to sponser a player or contribute towards their kit? My children would be interested in doing so :D
  20. W

ENL - A BURNING QUESTION!

Being a relatively new supporter of ENL and Elite hockey I understand that the ENL team have to pay to play in the league and for transport etc to away games. Mention has been made of ENL being a development team and some players (if they are lucky) on two way contracts. The ENL Cardiff...