Recent content by CaldicotDevil

1. C

Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

Fair play, can’t fault that from PR
  2. C

Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

Sheffield backed Fox in the summer, they had a big squad reshuffle and let some of the old guard go. They got faster, younger and more hungry this year. TK’s has got some tough calls to make this summer. There’s a lot of fan favourites who are starting to look like their age is catching up...
  3. C

Flyers Vs Devils - League - 17th Dec 23 - FO 17:30

It’s hard to compare against the Lordo era. No disrespect but Lordo is a lot better at recruitment than anyone currently at the Devils. He just had a talent for recruiting players with a similar winning mentality to him and always built well rounded team. It’s why the Swamp rabbits are top of...
  4. C

Team Toughness and Skillset

Disagree about Fournier. I think he’s exactly what we need as a 3rd line winger. He only played 13 for us and roughly had 0.6 PPG. It’s comparable with Faryna in a Devils shirt. I remember when we played the Giant in January. They didn’t have an answer for him and we won comfortably 4-1. I...
  5. C

Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

Josh Brittain signs for the Stars. Never really got going for us but that’s the story of most our recent power forwards. I’ve got a soft spot for Dundee so I hope he lights it up for them.
  6. C

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

Beau Bennett still dropping hints on twitter he’s signing for Belfast. He hasn’t played for a few years. Due to injuries and I think he’s anti vax (please let’s not start a debate about this) so that hasn’t helped. However if the giants get Conway to re-sign too. Then their first line is...
  7. C

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

Blake Thompson just signed with the Blaze. Can’t say I’m too disappointed.
  8. C

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

Here’s to dreaming but Curtis McKenzie also plays Center, now that would be a signing to shift STs!!!!
  9. C

An interesting read on mosey

All day, Mosey is 34 going to be 35 when the season finishes and he’s got terrible injury record. Chad isn’t as good a player as Mosey but he’s 26 and I think he could flourish under PR.
  10. C

Justin Crandall

It’s a no from me, if we want to compete for the league next year then we need to upgrade him. Don’t forget this current devils core have been responsible for 2 coaches getting sacked in 2 seasons due to poor performances. So unless players have been exceptional for us like Coughler or Sanford...
  11. C

Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

Report also suggests Fox is staying on as Head Coach.
  12. C

Coaching staff Depart

He’s nailed on for it. Even though appointing PR doesn’t get me that excited, I can see Todd’s logic. We need to steady the ship and create some stability in the club. Between Covid, Skalde and Dupoint it’s been a chaotic period.
  13. C

Coaching staff Depart

It says you can expect an announcement with the next few weeks. Which means they’ve 100 percent they’ve got someone lined up. It took 4 months after Lord left to interview candidates and choose Skalde.
  14. C

This team

I wouldn’t be that fussed on Russell either. He’s done well with GB but he has had Keefe & Corey Neilson as assistants. When he’s been in the EIHL, I’ve found his teams pretty forgettable tbh. I know Pete’s available now but after what they said with Skalde appointment and the Devils being...
  15. C

This team

Even though he’s young he might be still student of the game and keen to learn. Start off in a lower league like the EIHL and work your way up. However I agree with your comments about the 2 rookie coaches. It’s hard for Horn to learn from Dupoint, when Dupoint learning the ropes himself. Seems...